- Whether you're buying your very first home or you've purchased before, the process of getting into a new home can be daunting. You may not even be aware of all the things you need to consider in making the investment.
- A good place to start is with this buyer questionnaire. (See below, right click to print). It can help you get clarity on things to think about and focus you in on your target property.
- Next, you should consider financing options. Your REALTOR is a great resource for information and can connect you with a lender that can help you make the right choice for you. Your lender will pre-qualify you and give you a "pre-approval" or "pre-qual" letter that will tell you what price range you can shop in.
- After that, you can have your REALTOR send you new listings that match your specific needs. When you find a few homes that are a good match, your REALTOR will set up viewing appointments for you and accompany you to go see them. Your agent will walk through the property and alert you to any visible issues with the house, and discuss with you the options for making an offer.
- The buyer's agent is not compensated until the transaction closes, and the agent is not paid by the buyer. The commission comes from the seller as compensation for bringing them the buyer.
- For helpful tips on down payment assistance, scroll down to "Down Payment Assistance myths debunked"
Down Payment Assistance Myths Debunked! Free e-book available for download below!